Saturday, February 20, 2010

Forgotten Me Again

Feeling a little overwhelmed this week. Took on too much work. Well, not too much, but... well, ok, too much.

Logo design, brochure and business card for Client A
who wants to see every conceivable combination of colours and element placement for the designs... "I just want to see what it looks like if..." And then opts for the first design I come up with.
BY THE HOUR - flat rates CANNOT apply when my time is not respected.
Web design and layout for Client B
who sends me content in drips and drabs, then changes it. With every change I have to open the file, edit it, upload a new version, remind the client to refresh... The client also keeps changing the photos and animations included. This is a basic HTML 8-page website going on 3 weeks. It was supposed to go: pick a design, provide the content for each page, copy / paste, upload to host = 1 week?
BY THE HOUR - flat rates CANNOT apply when my time is not respected.
Client C, still waiting on confirmation
of format required and design 3 of 3 plastic cards.
Client D, still waiting on confirmation
of design revision #7 for a set of lighters.
Client E, updated primary website for Easter.
Designed new website based on previously designed logo... still waiting for content.

And that's on top of my full time day job! This is me taking it easy as I under go cancer treatments. I have to keep reminding myself that I'm allowed to milk that excuse even if sometimes I don't feel the need to.

I need some time for me.
YAY! "Glee" is coming back in April!

The hair on my head is starting to come out. It's weird. The follicles are dying off so when the hair comes out it's like these short straight fine wires with no roots. Can't decide whether I want to shave it smooth again or not. For now it's just 4-8 hairs at a time that are coming out. It's not like I have big bald spots or anything.

That rash that's been plaguing my elbow... now on the backs of my knees. The rash only appears when I scratch. Don't scratch!

No comments:

Post a Comment