Saturday, February 6, 2010

I Lost My Cookies

Feeling much better today. Yesterday was a little rocky but if that's as bad as it gets...

I was hungry after the first chemo treatment so I came home and made what I thought was a tame lunch: a grilled cheese on 12 grain with a bowl of Healthy Harvest Roasted Chicken and Noodle soup. Apparently my normal portion size for lunch is too much.

I hadn't been feeling all that ill - maybe a little tired with a tightness in my tummy. Nothing that shouldn't pass with a nap. That sat in my stomach and percolated from about 1:30 until 8:00 when I figured it would be safe to take my anti-nauseant med.

At 8:20 I got up to go to the bathroom. A moment later I was back on the couch and then.... OH OH! There went lunch! After that I felt MUCH better.

Out with the bad, in with the good. I had a couple of ginger ales and another glass of water. By then I figured it was safe to take another anti-nauseant med. They're expensive and I didn't want to risk loosing another.

Dinner was around 11:00: a half cup of frozen yogurt and, a little while later, 1/4 cup of Quick Oats with a dab of butter and a pinch of white sugar. Mush is my comfort food.

No comments:

Post a Comment