Saturday, February 6, 2010

This Isn't So Bad

All the professionals have been asking "have you read all the literature yet?" And I've been, like, "No."

Paul has read and re-read every scrap of paper that's come our way. I'm thinking they'll be full of worst case scenarios and fear mongering and I don't want those kinds of images going around my head. Seeings as everyone has a different response to these kinds of treatments I thought it would be best to just go through the motions and find out first hand what the effects are. It's not like I have a choice in that matter. Should the worst case scenario come up Paul will know what to do.

I did get sick last night. But now that I have a greater respect for portion size that shouldn't be an issue. Every now and then I catch myself eating too quickly and I have to remind myself to PUT DOWN THE FORK AND CHEW! I know... that's bad habit that I've been meaning to work on for some time. And now I have a good reason to actually be conscious of my eating habits.

The chemo doc said the steroids will make me hungry and I will bulk up. This is another reason to be very aware of my eating habits. A fridge full of pre-portioned healthy snacks: cut up veggies, diced cheese, nuts, hard boiled eggs, bean salad, pickles and sauerkraut... 7 or more servings of fruits and vegetables every day.

I also want to get a bunch of small glass juice bottles (dish washer safe) so that I can refill them on the cheep and have juice or water within reach. I don't get nearly enough fluids in me on a daily basis. And I don't really care for cold drinks - except for maybe beer!

You know, it's funny. I haven't been told anything about alcohol consumption since all this began. I've cut back on my own just because of 1) the weight gain factor and 2) making room for more hydrating fluids. And a distant 3) the evidence that alcohol could be a contributing factor to breast cancer in women... A little late for that, don't cha think!

Feeling good enough to get back to work today.
Want to do a little catch up for Amusing Facts, do a little brochure / business card / website design for Raj, set up Nanny Robina's website, follow up on a few invoices...

But me first! I wan to do a little laundry and grocery shopping. And Art Play. Time to post some breast art!

No comments:

Post a Comment