Monday, June 28, 2010

I'm Fuzzy!


The hair's comin' back. I think my "moon face" is starting to recede too. I can see my ears!

NOTE: If you're putting false lashes on and you drop one vertically over your open eye, don't panic and squeeze your eyes shut! It makes it hard to find that set of lashes if you can't see them, glued to your eyeball and all. Stings a little.

First day back from vacation. Taking the day easy.

Had my first radiation treatment. It could not have been easier! They take you back into this room with a bed (more like a padded, narrow, re-positionable platform). There's a machine that rotates around the bed with a "camera" that looks like a metal serving tray and the radiation device (which reminded me of a big metal MixMaster without the beaters. Ok, so it looks nothing like a MixMaster). The techs line you up with the machine's cross-hairs, flick a switch then run from the room in terror (kidding - they exit calmly) and you're don in 60 seconds.

I have a chest cold. Coughing, chest congestion, gravelly voice that fades in and out... did I mention the coughing?
It's funny:
Chemo - easy
Cold - OH! WOAW-IS ME!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment